The education sessions on the updated Continuing Competence Program (CCP) are underway with additional in-person sessions now available across the province. If you haven’t had a chance to attend/log-in to a session yet, see below for the most up-to-date list of dates/times (note: sessions for Red Deer and Northern Alberta are still pending scheduling):
- Wed Nov. 27th, 11am-Noon; Grey Nuns Hospital (Edmonton) – in-person only*
- Thurs Nov. 28th, 6-7 p.m.; ACOT office/Teams (Teams is the most current version of Skype for Business)
- Tues Dec. 3rd, 8-9 a.m.; ACOT office/Teams
- Tues Dec. 3rd, 1:30-2:30 p.m.; Newton School (Edmonton) – in-person/Skype*
- Thurs Dec. 12th, 1-2 p.m.; ACOT office/Teams
- Wed Dec. 18th, 8-9:30 a.m.; Medicine Hat Regional Hospital– in-person/Telehealth*
- Wed Dec. 18th, 1-2:30 p.m.; Chinook Regional Hospital (Lethbridge) – in-person/Telehealth*
- Thurs Dec. 19th, 9-10 a.m.; Richmond Road (Calgary) – in-person (space limited) /Skype*
- Thurs Dec. 19th, Noon-1 p.m.; Peter Lougheed Centre (Calgary) – in-person/Telehealth*
- Thurs Dec. 19th, 2-3 p.m.; Carewest Glenmore Park (Calgary) – in-person/Telehealth*
- Tues Jan. 7th, 10-11 a.m.; ACOT office/Teams
- Thurs Jan. 16th, 2:30-3:30 p.m.; WCB Millard Centre (Edmonton) – in-person only*
- Wed Jan. 22nd, 6-7 p.m.; ACOT office/Teams
- Mon Jan. 27th, 2:30-3:30 p.m.; Elmwood School (Edmonton) – in-person/Skype*
- Thurs Jan. 30th, 12-1 p.m.; Westview Health Centre (Stony Plain) – in-person/Skype*
- Fri Jan 31st, 12-1- p.m.; 108 Street (Edmonton) – in-person/Skype
*the in-person/Telehealth/Skype meetings are open to anyone
If you would like to attend any of the above sessions, please contact Mallory.Foreman@acot.ca to register.
As well, resources to support you in learning to navigate the new system and how to complete the updated CCP components have been prepared and can be found in the “Continuing Competence Program Resources” section of the ACOT website (found in the “News and Resources” tab). Please contact Angela.Sekulic@acot.ca if you have any questions or would like assistance navigating the updated online platform.
Tobacco and Smoking Reduction Act Public Input Opportunity
The Health and Wellness Promotion Branch of Alberta Health has asked that health professional regulatory colleges and health professional associations reach out with respect to the Ministry’s review of the Tobacco and Smoking Reduction Act (TSRA).
As part of the review, a public online survey is available from October 25 to November 29, 2019 at www.alberta.ca/consultations.aspx for constituents to provide their feedback on tobacco, vaping and tobacco-like (hookah/waterpipe) products, which you may wish to access.